Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions  

Who do I call if my water is leaking?

Call your service provider:
Salt Lake City Public Utilities at (801) 483-6700.
Jordan Valley Water at (801) 565-4300.


How do I report that a street light is out?

Contact Cottonwood Heights City 801-944-7090 or Contact Rocky Mountain Power, or visit their website to fill out an online outage form.

You can also fill out a request on the Citizen Dashboard.


What are the city's public works construction standards?

Cottonwood Heights uses the latest edition of APWA standards.


What are your office hours?

The city offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Which city councilperson represents me?

Please see the district map.


How do I report a pothole, a problem in the road, or a damaged street sign?

You can call the public works department during business hours at 801-944-7090. After hours, please call 801-562-6418 or make a request on our Citizen Dashboard.


Who takes care of waste removal?

Cottonwood Heights is a member of the Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District. For a list of available services and contact information, please see their website.

Who do I contact before I dig in my yard?

Call Blue Stakes by dialing 811 before you dig. It will help keep you safe and it is the law.  You can also fill out a locate request by visiting the Blue Stakes website