Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
How to Request a Police Report

All requests for records from Cottonwood Heights Police will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the

Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA), U.C.A 63G-2-101


  1. Click here for a records request (GRAMA) form.
  2. Completely fill out the form and sign.
  3. There are three methods available to submit a request:
    • Email to records@ch.utah.gov
    • Deliver by mail or in person to the police department offices

       2277 E Bengal Blvd; Suite B

    • Fax to 801-944-7105
  4. A CHPD Support Specialist will contact you as soon as the report is available for pick up.
    • Please allow a maximum of ten 10 working days to compile the record, or 5 days with written documentation that shows why you are entitled to an expedited response as per UCA 63G-2-2-204 (3)(b).
  5. We are required to verify your identity, so remember to bring photo identification with you to pick up your report.

You will be responsible for the fees associated with the research and copies of the records requested. Charges will be in accordance with Cottonwood Heights Fee Schedule.

  • $10.00 for each copy of a report
  • $25.00 for copies of any recorded media (photos, audio, video)


If you have any questions, please contact the Records Department at (801) 944-7100 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

You may also contact us by email at records@ch.utah.gov

Outside agencies:

Please contact Records at records@ch.utah.gov

Fill out a Witness Statement

If you need to fill out a witness statement, click on this link for the printable version. You can email it to records@ch.utah.gov or mail it to:

Cottonwood Heights Police Department

2277 E. Bengal Blvd.

Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121

Get an Alarm Permit

You can get an alarm permit by filling out this form and faxing it to 801-944-7105, emailing records@ch.utah.gov or sending it to the following address:

Cottonwood Heights Police Department
Attn: Alarm Coordinator
2277 E. Bengal Blvd. Suite B
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121

Request Extra Patrols/Vacation Property Checks

You can call dispatch at 801-840-4000 and an officer will call you to get some information or you can fill out an extra patrol form

Fingerprinting Services
We offer fingerprinting services to Cottonwood Heights residents or citizens employed in Cottonwood Heights only. The charge is $10 per fingerprint card. 

Our evidence technician is available Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. 

Click here for fingerprint paperwork

Prescription Drug Drop-Off

We have a drop box located in our lobby. We accept all prescription medications and over the counter medicine. We do not accept any sharps or needles. The Prescription Drug Drop-Off is available to the public Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. 

Get Your Property Back

If you believe CHPD has property that belongs to you, taken for safekeeping or evidence, please contact an evidence technician at 801-944-7100 to make an appointment. Please have the case number and a photo id with an item description. Evidence technicians are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays. 

Expungements, Background Checks and Criminal Histories

Expungements: Documents must be mailed or hand delivered. Original documents only. Please allow 10-15 days for completion and a letter will be sent out when completed. 

Background Checks: Background checks will only be done for Cottonwood Heights residents. For a Cottonwood Heights Record check there is no fee. For a statewide record check there is a $10 fee.

Get a Concealed Weapons Permit
To get a concealed weapons permit, please contact BCI

Salt Lake Valley Emergency Communication Center

Non Emergency Police Dispatch - (801) 840-4000
Emergency Dispatch - 911

Pay a Fine/Ticket
Contact Holladay Justice Court unless noted differently on your citation. 
4580 S 2300 E
Holladay, UT 84117 
(801) 273-9731

How Do I Become a Police Officer?
You will need to go through Police Officer Standard Training.  Contact POST to apply. 

How Do I Find My Dog or Cat?
Check our Lost and Found Pets page on this site or KSL.com Lost and Found Pets. You can also call dispatch at 801-840-4000 to speak to an animal control officer. 

Other Resources

Holladay Justice Court
4580 S 2300 E
Holladay, UT 84117 
(801) 273-9731

Third District Court
450 S State St. 
SLC, UT 84114
(801) 238-7300

Juvenile Court
450 S State St. 
SLC, UT 84114
(801) 238-7300

Juvenile Receiving Center
177 W Price Ave
South Salt Lake, UT 84115
(385) 468-4500

195 North 1950 West 
SLC, UT 84116
(801) 538-4100

Salt Lake Metro Jail
3415 S 900 W
SLC, UT 84119
(385) 468-8400

Department of Corrections
14717 S Minuteman Dr.
Draper, UT 84020
(801) 454-5500

Crime Reports in Your Area

Municipal Codes