City Council Agenda 4/21/2020
NOTICE OF COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS CITY COUNCIL
WORK SESSION AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the Cottonwood Heights City Council will hold a Work Session at approximately 5:00 p.m., or soon thereafter, on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. In view of the current Covid-19 pandemic, this work session will occur electronically, without a physical location, as authorized by the Governor’s Executive Order dated 18 March 2020. The public may remotely hear the open portions of the meeting through live broadcast by connecting to http://mixlr.com/chmeetings.
5:00 p.m. 1. Welcome – Mayor Mike Peterson
2. Staff Reports
(Each week the city council and staff provide informational reports as a method of keeping up on the day-to-day activities of the city. This agenda item is set aside to allow council members to ask questions or for staff to bring the council up to date of any changes since the report was made).
- Benefits and Compensation Committee Report – City Manager Tim Tingey and City Council Members Tali Bruce and Doug Petersen
- Budget Committee Report – City Manager Tim Tingey and City Council Members Christine Mikell and Scott Bracken
- Proposed Tentative Budget Discussion – City Manager Tim Tingey and Finance and Administrative Services Director Scott Jurges.
3. Review of Calendars and Upcoming Events
Councilmember Schedules for the next week - 2020 Calendar:
- April 28th - Council Work Session (approximately 5 p.m.) and Business Meeting (approximately 7 p.m.)
- May 5th - Approximately 5 p.m. - Council Budget Work Session
- May 19th - Approximately 7 p.m. - Council Work Session (approximately 5 p.m.) and Business Meeting (approximately 7 p.m.), including Adoption of Tentative Budget
- June 2nd – Approximately 7 p.m. – Council Work Session (approximately 5 p.m.) and Business Meeting (approximately 7 p.m.), including Public Hearing on Tentative Budget
- June 16th – Approximately 7 p.m. – Council Work Session (approximately 5 p.m.) and Business Meeting (approximately 7 p.m.), including adoption of Final Budget
- July 17th and 18th – Butlerville Days PENDING
4. The City Council may opt for a Closed Meeting to discuss Litigation, Property Acquisition and/or the Character and Professional Competence or Physical or Mental Health of an Individual
5. Adjourn City Council Work Session
PUBLIC COMMENT PROCEDURE
At each City Council Business Meeting any person wishing to comment on any item not otherwise on the agenda for public comment may address the City Council during the Public Comment period. Any person wishing to comment during the citizen comment period shall request recognition by the Mayor and upon recognition, approach the microphone and state their name, state if they are a resident of Cottonwood Heights and either provide their address or their Council district; and then address the body. Any person wishing to comment shall limit their comments to no more than three (3) minutes, unless additional time is authorized by the Mayor. Citizen groups who are present will be asked to appoint a spokesperson, who shall limit their comments to no more than five (5) minutes. All comments shall be directed to the Mayor and City Council.
No person addressing the City Council during the comment period shall be allowed to comment more than once during that comment period. Speakers should not expect any debate or dialogue with the Mayor, City Council or City Staff during the meeting.
The Council may choose to limit the amount of time allotted to public comment on a specific issue. In such cases, special procedures for determining who will be allowed to speak and the order of such speakers will be determined by the Council.
On Friday, April 17th, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. a copy of the foregoing notices was posted in conspicuous view in the front foyer of the Cottonwood Heights City Offices, Cottonwood Heights, Utah. A copy of this notice was faxed to the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, newspapers of general circulation in the City by the Office of the City Recorder. The Agendas were also posted on the City’s website at www.ch.utah.gov and the Utah Public Notice website at http://pmn.utah.gov
DATED THIS 17th day of April 2020 Paula Melgar, City Recorder
Council Members may participate in the meeting via telephonic communication. If a Council Member does participate via telephonic communication, the Councilmember will be on speakerphone. The speakerphone will be amplified so that the other Council Members and all other persons present in the Council Chambers will be able to hear all discussions. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations or assistance during this meeting shall notify the City Recorder, at (801) 944-7021 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. TDD number is (801)270-2425 or call Relay Utah at #711. If you would like to submit written comments on any agenda item, they should be received by the City Recorder no later than Tuesday at noon. Comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.)